After playing on the skateboard for a period of time, a lot of dust and other dirt will accumulate in the bearing, which will affect the speed of the bearing and increase the probability of shaft explosion. Therefore, cleaning the bearing regularly is one of the essential steps to maintain the skateboard (especially In a heavily polluted place like Beijing).
The following are the tools needed to clean the bearings: a skateboard T tool, a bottle of 95% alcohol, a Bones bearing cleaning bottle, a bottle of Bones bearing special lubricant, a paper clip or a toothpick. It will get very dirty during cleaning. It is recommended to put some paper underneath, wash your hands in time after cleaning, and don’t wear your favorite clothes...to avoid getting dirty... (skateboard tools and Bones cleaning bottles can be found in the skate shop I bought it with Taobao, alcohol can be bought in pharmacies, and Bones lubricants seem to be not currently sold in China, but other lubricants can be used instead)
Next, you need to use tools to remove the 4 wheels of the skateboard, and the 4 wheels that were removed (nuts and washers must be kept)
Next, you have to use the protruding part of the skateboard bridge to pry out the bearings in the wheels. Each wheel has 2 bearings, for a total of 8 bearings. (Editor's note: It is recommended to use a screwdriver to pry the bearing. Novices who do not use this force can easily break the bridge.)
1. To clean the bearing, you need to use a toothpick or paper clip (recommended paper clip, thinner) to poke out the dust cover. Just poke the paper clip into the back of the bearing, and keep the dust cover that you poke out. Wash the dust cover with warm water, and then wipe it dry.
2. Next, we will use Bones' bearing cleaning bottle. You can buy it for only 20 yuan on a certain treasure, which is very easy to use. Put the bearing with the dust cap removed on the central shaft of the cap of the cleaning bottle and separate it with the small iron ring that comes with the bottle. When placing it, the ball side of the bearing must face up to achieve the best effect, and then pour about 1/3 bottle of 95% alcohol into the cleaning bottle.
Put the bottom bracket and the upper bearing into the bottle, and close the bottle cap tightly (must be closed tightly...)
After closing the cap, shake the bottle vigorously for 30 seconds to achieve the purpose of cleaning.
After 30 seconds, turn the bearing by hand. If you are not satisfied, put the bearing in the bottle and shake for another 30 seconds until you are satisfied.
Use a small towel to dry the bearing, be sure to dry it. After the towel is dried, you can blow out the remaining alcohol with the air used to clean the lens.
I recommend the use of Bones professional bearing lubricants. Bones will use this lubricant to lubricate the bearings before they leave the factory. Bones itself is a world-class bearing brand (not one of the best, but recognized as the best). Of course, other lubricants can also be used to lubricate the bearings.
Put 1-2 drops of lubricating oil into the balls of each bearing, and then turn it by hand a few times to make the lubricating oil evenly spread on the balls.
After dripping the lubricating oil, install the dust cover of the bearing, remember that the side with the letter is flushed out.
After installation, press the bearing back into the wheel by hand, install 2 bearings for each wheel
Finally, install the washers and nuts on the bridge as they are, and you are done
Points to note:
1. Please try to avoid water entering the bearing at ordinary times. After passing the water, you must turn the wheel quickly to dry the water, otherwise it will be easy to rust.
2. Please try not to remove the dust cover, the dust will accelerate the explosion of the shaft.
3. If you want to prolong the service life of the bearing, try to use powerslide as little as possible, which will damage the bearing.
Welcome to visit our web